Thursday, August 15, 2013

5 Things

I was just tagged by Heather from one of my favorite blogs, From Here to There, for a 5 Things challenge. I was reading her post and was extremely surprised and excited to see my self tagged. Hopefully this will also help you to get to know me better.

5 Things I have a passion for:
-My family and friends
-Alpha Chi Omega
-Domestic Violence Awareness-Science-Traveling

5 Things I'd like to do before I die:
-Travel to every continent-Finish a half marathon-Be able to make a significant contribution to a charity that is important to me
-Have a family of my own
-Be the keynote speaker at a science meeting


5 Reads I love:
-Matched Triology by Allie Condie-The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
-Harry Potter (I have only read the first two, but I am obsessed) by J.K. Rowling
-Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
-Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich


5 Favorite Movies:
-Step Brothers
-The Intouchables-Mean Girls-Beauty and the Beast
-The Secret Window


5 Places I want to Travel:
-Germany-Japan-Every state-Somewhere in South America
-Australia

5 3 Blog Friends I Tag:
Natalie @ At Home With The Hinkleys
Heather @ Soliloquies and Sass
Callie @ First Comes Love



 photo Five_zps23338b11.jpg

Happy Thursday!  I will be up in the mountains at a retreat/orientation/conference for my department without any cell phone service and limited WiFi.  Hopefully I can make some new friends!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the tag! I hope your retreat is great. I want to run a half-marathon, too :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for the tag! I love how you want to be a keynote speaker at a science meeting. I have 'give a TED talk' on my list, on what though, I have no idea. I am hoping a great world changing idea will some to me one of these days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Secret Window is one of my favorites too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white!"

    ReplyDelete