Monday, August 5, 2013

Weekend in Denver

So Noah is in town again which means I have somebody to do fun things with!  This weekend we decided to head down to Denver for a few nights.  Neither of us had spent any time in Denver before so we decided to play it by ear and decide things on a whim!


I have a serious over packing problem.  My over packing for two days in Denver!
I packed all of this for two days, but of course I only wore three things!

We stopped at the Outlet Mall on our way there on Friday night so we got there pretty late.  We walked down 16th Street and went to Maggiano's for a quick dinner.  I got a Bellini Swirl to drink and loved it!


My delicious Bellini Swirl at Maggiano's in Denver.


On Saturday, we checked out the hotel restaurant's buffet.  I was pretty impressed, but I typically am pretty impressed with large amounts of food.  I also got my favorite drink in the world, a bloody mary!  Seriously, I cannot get enough of these.  I could drink them day and night.


Brunch Buffet at the Hyatt Regency in Denver, Colorado



Obviously, I needed time to digest after the copious amount of food we ate so I took a little rest and we headed to the Denver Botanical Gardens.  I could literally spend days here.  I also love being a tourist and taking pictures, and I took over 230 pictures of plants, just plants not people.  I hope that's not too weird.


The Denver Botanical Gardens are a Denver, Colorado must see.  The gardens are gorgeous.  We walked around a whole day and did not even see everything!



Saturday night was kind of a wash.  We had big plans to go listen to live music outside and watch a Broncos live scrimmage, but the rain ruined our plans.  But we ended up sitting in a hot tub on the terrace in the rain, and it was absolutely wonderful.  Because of the rain, we ate dinner at the hotel (again).  There was supposed to be a prime rib buffet, but when we got up to the buffet it was all gone.  They ended up just letting us eat for free!  Otherwise, it would have been about $30 a person!

Sunday was spent exploring downtown Denver and drinking more bloody marys, but I did not take a single picture.  I guess those flowers really tired out my picture taking.  I ended the weekend reading Life of Pi. I am struggling to get into it but the more I read, the more I like it.  Have you read it before?  Did you like it?

I love spending the day reading.  Starting the Life of Pi.

Sami's Shenanigans

Once again, linking up with Sami for weekend shenanigans!

3 comments:

  1. fun weekend! I am the same way with pictures, I go nuts end up having to delete hundreds of photos, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... I am the same way with packing. I am so bad about overpacking then never wearing anything. Ha. Love the pictures, looks like a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend looks like so much fun.
    I want to go to Denver...I love that place.

    ReplyDelete