Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Friend Got Hitched!

This past weekend, my friend and former roommate got married!  I had been looking forward to her wedding for months. I knew it was going to be a huge reunion with my friends and sorority sisters and it definitely was a reunion and tons of fun.  The bad news - I have very few pictures to document the fun that I had this weekend!

On Friday night, I met up with my three college besties.  We ate wings and chatted the night and early morning away.  It is amazing how good it feels to be reunited with some of the people who know you best.


 photo dumpster_zpse0bdba21.jpg
I cannot imagine college without these girls!

The wedding on Saturday was absolutely beautiful.  I cried (which really isn't a surprise because I cry at most weddings).  After the ceremony, we headed to the reception where hot pretzels with cheese were served during the happy hour; I was in food love!  Dinner was buffet style with steak and I definitely let the fatty in me free!  


 photo 20130608_165827_zpsf2a91dc1.jpg
Angela, my twin for the night!
neon dresses, pastel nails, and nude shoes!

After speeches and dinner and other typicaly wedding shenanigans, I kicked off my shoes and danced the night away which included ending the reception by performing a ballet dance.  (I should note here that I have never spent a day in my life in dance class, well unless you count my Israeli dancing PE credit but that's a story for a different time!).

As much as I loved dancing and eating all the delicious food, the best part of the night for me was at the end of the night. The bride was thanking everybody for coming and declared that table 18 was the most fun table of the night.  And you best believe that I was sitting at table 18!


 photo IMG956422_zps0db902a2.jpg
Table 18!

I also learned an important lesson this weekend.  We all need a little bit more recovery time then we did in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment