Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Why A Gregarious Mess?

I realized that I have yet to explain why I named my blog "A Gregarious Mess", so I am going to take this post to do explain it.  I am going to break and down word by word and seeing as there is only two words, this shouldn't take long.

First up: Gregarious.

So I don't like big words at all, and I actually had no idea what gregarious met the first time few times I heard it.  My co-worker repeatedly described me as gregarious, and I honestly thought it was a bad thing so I was afraid to look it up, but when I did I was pleasantly surprised.  Gregarious means fond of company or sociable which describes me pretty well.

After learning the meaning of gregarious and knowing I wanted to blog, they seemed like the perfect fit. I am very sociable, and I was about to embark on a journey across the country where I was going to need to be gregarious so it made sense.

Last up: Mess

Plain and simple my life is a mess.  I like to think of it as a beautiful mess but nonetheless a mess.  As my mom says, "There is never a dull moment when you're Alexandra" and she is completely right.  A little less than a year ago, I was settled in my house in Ohio and was planning to live there for about the next 5 years.  Less than 5 months later, I was planning to move to Colorado.  Nothing is ever as straight forward and easy as it seems, but that just seems to be how my life goes.

So there you have it.  That is why I am A Gregarious Mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment